Sunday, July 24, 2011

The fun and stress of moving

I was born about 5 hours from here.  I don't remember living there.  I do remember living in the surrounding suburbs of where I live now.   

We found out we are moving.  The thought brings me excitement of a new adventure and fear.  I have so many friend and family here and I have to start fresh in a new city.  I have a couple of friends there but nothing like I have here.  My roots are deep.

All of my prayers have come true.  I feel blessed beyond words.  It is a wonderful problem to be rooted.  Hubby's job offer, after 2 1/2 years of being laid off, was better than we had hoped.  The place we are moving isn't too far away to visit often.  We are all healthy.  And the lists go on.

My sister and I were talking yesterday about how difficult it is that all of these changes are happening so fast. Between the two family homes, since May we have had:  3 new family members born, Two deaths, 8 family members hospitalized for bad things, 4 new cars, One new door,  A lot of money out the door, A lot of money coming back in, 2 husbands working in different cities from us.  The list goes on and on.

Now we pray the house sells fast and that hubby can be with us full time.  We miss him.

2 comments:

Salem Witch Child said...

I know how you feel. I just moved from KY to Ohio. Though I spent my first 12 yrs in Ohio it wasn't really "home" to me anymore. So here I am living with family with no income and lots of troubles. Plus I did all of it while pregnant with DS. Its been a stressful year. Just take it one day at a time and you'll get there!

KristiS said...

It'always scary leaving everything you've known for so long behind and starting over somewhere new, but it is worth it! Trust me, I've done it 9 times in my life.