Saturday, September 18, 2010

Cake ball pops

I took on a project to make hot air balloon cake pops.  I don't care for crafts so I am still not sure what caused me to do this.  They didn't turn out looking like hot air balloons as I planned but they were still cute.
The making the cake was the easyist part of the project.

I let the cake cool completely.
The kids had fun crumbling the cake.

Then in goes the frosting.

I rolled into balls and stuck in the freezer for a couple of hours.

Time start the decoration.

Dots on the pop sticks first.

Melt the chocolate.

On goes the cake ball.

Dip


Sprinkle and package. :)



6 comments:

That's Carmin with an "I" said...

Those turned out adorable! How did they taste? and... how did they hold up once thawed?

Mommy, Daddy, Baby Girl, and Baby Boy said...

Carmin,
They held up just fine. I just got a few out at a time to dip. Once they were dipped I didn't have to refrigerate.

Nenna said...

They are so cute! You did a fantastic job. And I'll bet they taste delicious!

Jeanne said...

They are very cute and look yummy. Good job Rebecca!

Anonymous said...

Looks great! I can see the resemblance to hot air balloons!

Bana

rosebud said...

how cute!