Thursday, April 15, 2010

10 years ago today

Ten years ago today I married the love of my life. We were almost children. I was 21 and he was 25. We felt so grown up.

I walked down the isle, not excited for my wedding, but the life we would live together. When I reached the front of the church he looked at me and told me I looked beautiful. My eyes were only for him.

I was a crier. I sniffled through the whole ceremony. When we took communion together, my head was bowed, so my sniffles became and issue.

Most of that day is a blur. I just wanted to get it over with. I loved that pomp and circumstance for everyone else, but I wanted to start my life with him.



Flash ten years later and am still looking forward to our future. Our past has been amazing. Our present is delightful. Our future only holds wonders to be discovered.

2 comments:

rosebud said...

Happy Anniversary! It only gets better with time doesn't it?!!

Kay Ritchie Jordan said...

Happy anniversary from Bana and Petes!