Tuesday, February 16, 2010

More snow


This past Thursday we were expecting and accumulation of snow. Thursday’s snow catapulted seasonal accumulation to 15.7 inches, according to the National Weather Service. The snow also made this the snowiest winter in the area in 32 seasons. 12.5 inches in 24 hours was also a new record.

The large fluffy snowflakes fell heavily to create a milky blanket on the earth. I could sit in my living area and gaze to my left and look out the dinning room. I look to my left and see through the sun room to the glass wall. The experience was like gazing into a life sized snow globe. The fire was lit the pot roast was on and my hubby was home. Life was good.

My children came home from school and got ready for snow play immediately. You see in my area we get snow maybe once or twice a year. Usually it is the yucky powder stuff that leaves ice behind. It also is usually a dusting and is gone by noon.

We all bundled up in our warmest of clothing and hunted down mismatch hats and gloves. Then we trotted on out to find most of our neighbors out taking pictures and building snowmen. Most of the neighbor kids made it to our yard to build. Our fingers were icy and our toes numb but we didn't want to go back for fear it would stop and melt.

I ran back in and made hot coco for all the children. I had marshmallows and cups filled to the brim to make sure the were all warm from within.
Later in the day back out we went. More snowballs to be thrown and more forts to be built. It has been a fun snowy couple of days.


Later in the day back out we went. More snowballs to be thrown and more forts to be built. It has been a fun snowy couple of days.

Guess what? It still hasn't all melted off. It isn't on the trees anymore. There is still plenty on the ground. They should get to play one more time in the morning.

What a blessing these two days have been for our family. We got to spend the day together. A little treasured day in the midst of a hectic life.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Oh Rebecca isn't it just GORGEOUS and peaceful. I know that all of you are really enjoying yourselves. It is just so pretty. Have fun.

Love and blessings, Kristy