Thursday, July 05, 2007

Oh brother

Today, the family and I will go see my brother. I have seen him only 3 times since I was 4 years old. We have talk very briefly during these encounters. Never about our connection as siblings.

He is getting married in September. He called me last year for about one minute to make sure I would come to the wedding. The other day he called me and we talked for about 45 min and set up a dinner for tonight.

While on the phone the other night we talked about my memory of the beginning of my life. (We stuck to mostly the good stuff) It was nice to have one of the oldest confirm my memories. My sis Tif always tells me I remember wrong, and sis Spring doesn't remember at all. They are both just barley older than me. He remembered most of what I said and we laughed at a bunch of the fun memories.

I am really looking forward to spending some time with him and getting to know him. I will be meeting his fiance' and his new step son. Hubby and kids will come as well.

While I am excited.

No comments: