Saturday, May 30, 2009

Welcome Summer



Summer is here. It might not be official but we live in Texas. It is hot and beautiful.

I picked this bloom out of my side yard. I want to plant one of these bushes in the front yard in front of baby boys window.

Baby girl has decided it is fun to learn cursive. She seems to have much of it down already. She has gotten the skill to connect the letters together. Now she asked me the proper way to write all the letters so she can practice.

Baby boy found a packet of sight words from baby girls kindergarten year. He as requested to practice those daily. He is doing very well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember that you said Baby Girl is doing very well in reading and math, but handwriting is not her strong point. I've known many children who did much better in cursive than in manuscript. Maybe this will be a turning point for her!
Hats off to Baby Boy for wanting to learn even more than was included in his kindergarten prep pack!
We're so proud of both of them.

Love,
Bana and Petes

Kristy said...

Oh Rebecca that Hydrangea is gorgeous, I want some of them in my yard so bad but I am always so afraid I wont do good with them. They seem so fragile to me. And yes summer is here in Texas with our 200% humidity!! I hope you got some of last weeks rain, we got 5 inches and I am sooooo thankful for that! Have a great week.

Love, Kristy

Yomaida said...

Beautiful picture! I love Hydrangeas....I don't really have a green thumb..maybe I'll give it try this summer. Yay summer! OH and I do like the background. It looks good.