Thursday, April 02, 2009

Shots

Tomorrow is kindergarten registration. I called the pediatrician to make sure I had written down the shots correctly. They said yes but...Baby boy is due for a booster shot. It is a new requirement for kindergarten.

The funny thing is that because the rule wasn't there when baby girl went to kindergarten she doesn't need hers until 7th grade. The doctor said to go ahead and have hers.

I know I could just do the waver but don't want to go that route.

Anyway, I could feel my blood pressure go up with the news. I didn't want my poor baby to have to have shots. When they are babies you can nurse them after for comfort. When they are toddlers you can give them candy right after and they forget. When they are 5 there is no calm to give them.

My sweet husband offered to take him because I have taken them for their other shots.

Baby boy was a trouper!. He did cry or fuss and said it was, "No big deal. He is a big boy."

1 comment:

Yomaida said...

Gosh! Love that story! He will be an AWESOME kinder kiddo! He'll love it! BTW: I am so like you when it comes to my babies and shots!!!