Thursday, February 26, 2009

Multi-cultural night at school

Tonight we attended baby girl's school for multi-cultural night. It was put together by the PTA. The students and parents volunteered their own time to practice and get ready for the event.

The opening parade. It was much longer but here is the first photo.


Here is the opening act


One of the dances by some of baby girl's friends


Here is a video of one of her best friend's singing.


Here is the African American dance.



This is a video of the finally. It made me cry. I really love that our school is so diverse. I prayed for this before my children went to school. We have it.



After this program we had exhibits in the cafeteria. Parents brought in food and information about their countries of origin. It was like going to Epcot but free.

5 comments:

Joye said...

I loved that, Rebecca. All of those children are beautiful. I loved your pictures!

ErikaRobin said...

That TOTALLY made me think of It's A Small World! How cool is that? What a nice way to celebrate everyone's heritage!

Moonrush said...

That is just so neat! Those little kiddos are adorable!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful program! Thanks for sharing it.

Bana and Petes

Kristy said...

WOW Rebecca what a great idea!!1 I love that! I would have cried too!!

Your blog looks fantastic!!!

Love, Kristy