Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Another

A friend of mine asked me about my daughters last day of school. This is the letter I wrote to her minus baby girls name. I decided I would share it with all of you.

Baby girl had a great last day. They don't do kindergarten graduation at our school. She is my social butterfly. I would have killed to be her when I was her age. She walked through the hall and every kid from another class called her name. She ignored them. She was trying to get back to class without getting in trouble. (I feel she should have made a small wave or something.) She is such a rules follower.

She had a sleep over at a friends house Saturday. She had a play date after school today. She has a sleep over tomorrow and and friend sleeping over on Saturday.

In general Baby Girl is good at being kind to others. I really hope this lasts. I don't know if you know this song. It is beautiful. I want my kids know this:


If I could tell the world just one thing / it would be that we’re all okay / and not to worry ’cause worry is wasteful / and useless in times like these / I won’t be made useless / I won’t be id
Th despair / I’ll gather myself around my faith / for light does the darkness most fear

My hands are small, I know / but they’re not yours, / they are my own / but they’re not yours, / they are my own / and I am never broken

Poverty stole your golden shoes / it didn’t steal your laughter / and heartache came to visit me / but I knew it wasn’t ever after / we will fight not out of spite / for someone must stand up fo
T’s right

’cause where there’s a man who has no voice / there ours shall go singing

My hands are small, I know / but they’re not yours, / they are my own / but they’re not yours, / they are my own / I am never broken

(’cuz) in the end only kindness matters / in the end only kindness matters / I will get down on my knees, and I will pray / I will get down on my knees, and I will pray / I will get down on my k
And I will pray

My hands are small, I know / but they’re not yours, / they are my own / but they’re not yours, / they are my own

My hands are small, I know / but they’re not yours, / they are my own / but they’re not yours, / they are my own / and I am never broken / we are never broken

We are god’s eyes / god’s hands / god’s hands / we are god’s eyes / we are god’s eyes / we are reflections of God / (god’s hands) / we are reflections of God / (we are god’s eyes) / we are refle
S of god

No comments: