Monday, September 25, 2006

Play land

I have started a theater group at the church I attend. It has been on my heart for a while. No one was starting it, so I decided that if I wanted it done, I should start. I have a co-leader now, and that is helpful. I talked to my pastor about the group. He seemed to think it was a good idea, but wanted it to be really small.

We had the first meeting and it was just the co-leader and myself. Then the second meeting we had 5. The play we picked for Christmas is so funny, we barely got thought the script reading because we were laughing so much. I think with the Advent candle lighting scripts and the prop team and sound person, we will have about twenty five people involved.

Yesterday (Sunday) we did video of some older members of the church. It was the day of the dedication of the new chapel. We asked them to talk about their memories of the old chapel, and what the new one means to them.

It is really exciting to be a part of this new adventure. We really feel we can grow the church and bond with this new ministry.

Rebecca

1 comment:

3 Men, 2 Ladies and a Hound said...

There is no doubt in my mind that this new venture will be a success. The Lord has perfect timing!

Hats off to you for praying and following the Lord's will.